When it comes to correcting or aligning teeth, you need to look at nowhere else but braces. Let’s see Different Types of Orthodontic Braces in detail. Of course, orthodontic braces play the most vital role in shaping the smile and overall oral health an individual.
If you are going to choose braces, you need to know that contemporary orthodontics provide more options in terms of braces. It means that you have lots of choices to determine.
When you have plenty of choices to determine, you can easily choose the best out of the best products. But before making a decision, you first need to know about different types of orthodontic braces.
So, let’s keep unveiling this post.
Traditional Braces/Metal Braces
When it comes to choosing braces, most of the individuals start imagining about metal or traditional braces.
These are actually wires and brackets that most of the individuals use in the past. Here, you need to remember that contemporary metal braces come with different types, shapes and sizes.
Now, you may not be able to notice modern wires and brackets easily. Since modern metal braces are smaller as well as less visible, you will find them a right option to go with.
So, if you are assuming that choosing metal braces means choosing a metal mouth, you need to change your perception.
Modern metal braces come with smaller size of brackets and wires. It means that you can easily grab desired results within a short span of time.
- Easy to use
- Lest expensive option to go with.
- Colored bands can help children expressing themselves.
- Use of innovative technology in vogue.
Metal or traditional braces are the most noticeable kind of braces. So, if you are looking for something that can easily be hidden inside your teeth, you need to avoid going with metal braces.
However, there is no difference between ceramic and metal braces in terms of shape and size, but ceramic braces have tooth-colored brackets.
It means that when you choose ceramic braces, you won’t need to worry about its visibility. Since they are of toot color, they can easily blend with your teeth.
There are ceramic braces that even use wires that blend with the color of teeth. It means that choosing ceramic braces simply means that you can avoid exposing braces to people in contact.
- One of the key reasons behind choosing ceramic braces over metal braces is that they are least noticeable.
- Ceramic braces also move teeth faster than invisalign or plastic aligners.
- Easy to use.
- You don’t need to put lots of efforts in order to clean your teeth.
- Ceramic braces are more expensive than traditional metal braces.
- Braces of ceramic may stain easier than other braces.
- Patients need to care a lot in order to use ceramic braces successfully.
If you are looking for an alternative to traditional metal braces, you need to look at nowhere else but lingual braces. Lingual braces are just like metal braces.
The only difference between metal and lingual braces is that the later one has wires and brackets positioned inside of teeth.
Since you don’t need to place wires and brackets outside of your teeth, you can easily hide everything behind your teeth. If you are looking for braces that can be visible from outside, you need to choose lingual braces.
- Lingual braces are invisible especially from outside.
- These braces work just like usual metal braces.
- One of the key disadvantages of using lingual braces is that you may not be able to clean them easily.
- They are more expensive options than their counterparts.
- When it comes to dealing with severe cases, lingual braces aren’t recommended.
- You may have to take lots of time in order to adjust these braces properly.
Are you looking for plastic aligners? If yes, then you need to look at nowhere else but invisalign. They are a series of about eighteen to thirty customized, mouth guard-typed clear plastic made aligners.
The best part of choosing these aligners is that they are movable. But you also need to remember that you need to replace it after every two weeks.
Now, you may get confused about deciding whether you should go with invisalign or not. Actually, choosing a certain type of brace largely depends on your own requirements.
If you are still confused about determining whether you should choose invisalign or not, you need to know its pros and cons.
- If you are looking for almost invisible braces, you need to look at nowhere else but invisalign.
- By choosing it, patients can easily drink and eat desired beverages and foods.
- If you are looking for affordable braces, you need to try it.
- If you are coping with serious dental problem, you will avoid using these braces as they aren’t useful.
- Invisalign braces are available only for teens and adults. It means that there is no hope for children.
- Replacing of it can be an expensive decision.
- Treatment may usually take longer.
What Are the Best Types of Orthodontic Braces?
Now, you have gone through different types of orthodontic braces. Now, you would like to know about the best orthodontic braces.
If you want to know which one could be a right option for you, it’s suggested that everything comes with its own pros and cons.
You need to choose braces according to your requirements and budget. It might be possible that you may find metal braces more effective than ceramic braces.
So, it may depend on specific dental problem, your budget and your requirements. Choosing any of the braces can be a right decision provided that it may benefit you.
Having gone through different types of orthodontic braces, now you can be able to make a right decision deciding dental braces. Whether it is about choosing new braces or replacing existing ones, you will always find this guide useful.
1 thought on “Different Types of Orthodontic Braces, Pros & Cons”